Being a student with science as a major subject, one must remember the term called a buccal cavity. Well, here we are to talk about buccal fat. A huge populace seems to be devastated because of the buccal that accumulated on their face. Getting rid of body weight seems pretty empirical. But, when it comes to buccal fat, people struggle a lot. This Gen Z is more about jawlines and perfect face silhouettes. To achieve a sharp look and personality, you need to cut down that extra fat off your buccal fat pad.
The buccal fat pad is the area of rounded mass fat at the center of the cheeks. The buccal pad is centered at the hollow cavity below your cheekbones. The size of these buccal fat pads determines the shape of your shape. The buccal fat pads are there for everyone. However, the size and shape of these buccal fat pads vary vastly among each one of us.
Those with larger pads have a good and fuller face. Many people go for buccal fat removal with the help of a plastic surgeon. How we, it is imperative to more here that no face shape is problematic unless it causes physical disability.
If you wish to get a slender face your surgeon might suggest getting buccal fat pad removal done. Further, is your personal choice. Let us see what buccal fat removal is and how much does it cost.
What is the procedure of Buccal Fat Removal
Primarily, buccal fat disposal is a form of plastic surgery done on a client. The common name for this surgery is buccal lipectomy or sometimes referred to as cheek reduction surgery.
The procedure is simple to comprehend. The buccal pads are omitted from your face in the surgery. The result thereof is the clear appearance of face angles and thinner and slender faces.
The buccal lipectomy can be performed alone, or it can be paired up with any other form of plastic surgery from the following:
- Lip augmentation
- Chin implants
- Botox injection
When should you consider buccal fat removal?
Getting plastic surgery done on your face is not an obvious decision to make. Certain factors determine whether a person is right for the surgery or not.
Do consider the following points before you take any decision:
- Your physical health is favorable.
- You have decent body weight.
- You have a round or fuller face.
- You are not happy with the round face that you have.
- You have the condition called Pseudoherniation wherein there is the presence of a small rounded fat mass which is a result of a weak buccal fat pad.
- You are keen on getting facial feminization surgery.
- Smoking is not your thing.
It is imperative to note here that buccal fat removal surgery is not everyone’s cup of tea. There are factors that play an important role in determining whether your should or should not get buccal fat removed.
Keep in mind the following points too:
- Buccal fat removal is not for those who already have thinner faces. Getting the surgery done in such a face will result in the sinking of the cheeks inside.
- Those having Parry Romberg syndrome should not think about the buccal fat pad removal. This will cause the skin to shrink on a side.
- Old age is not the right time to get buccal fat removed. Aging automatically loosens the face skin.
The actual procedure of buccal fat removal
Before the procedure begins, the client needs to address the issue clearly and comprehensively to its plastic surgeon. The surgeon then looks into the matter and analyses if the client is actually in need of the surgery. If your surgeon declares you to be the right candidate for this surgery, you may proceed with it.
- The procedure begins with the doctor giving your face local anesthesia.
- If the surgeries are more than one, the anesthesia given is general.
- Once protected with anesthesia, the next step is to get an inclusion done on the cheek. This is done by exposing the face to some pressure, which leads to the uncovering of the buccal fat pad.
- Once done, the fat pad is then cut and removed.
- The wounds are then closed with dissolvable stitches.
Once the surgery is done, a particular mouthwash is given along with instructions to take care of your cheek. Next up, you’re to depend on a liquid diet for a few days following the surgery. A little bruising and swelling are normal after the procedure. The whole procedure light costs you somewhere between $2000 to $5000.
The buccal fat pad removal procedure is quite in vogue these days when everyone wishes to have slender and cutting-edge face angles. To achieve the desired look, people often go for various plastic surgery procedures. We have talked about buccal removal here.