A huge part of the internet and food industry is busy comprehending the debate around swai fish. A lot of people believe certainly that it is a good deal to have the white fish having a flaky texture and a mild flavor. While others are of the opinion that it does not hold a good nutritional value and hence should be avoided. We shall discuss the swai fish but exactly in the same manner. We have some yummy recipes lined up for your preference down below. Carry on!
What is Swai fish?
Found in the Vietnamese freshwater rivers, the Swai fish is essentially a fish white in color, mild in flavor, and flaky in texture. It is catfish and has been given different names such as the Vietnamese catfish, iridescent shark, and Basa fish. However, it is important to note there that one is neither basa nor any type of shark.
The nutritional value of the swai fish is as follows:
According to the USDA, one 4-ounce fillet of swai provides about:
- 70 calories
- 15 grams protein
- 5 grams fat
- 350 milligrams sodium (varies)
- 45 milligrams cholesterol
- Omega-3 fat: 11 mg
- Cholesterol: 45 grams
- Carbs: 0 grams
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Niacin: 14% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin B12: 19% of the RDI
- Selenium: 26% of the RDI
As you can see above Swai fish is a significant source of selenium and niacin along with vitamin B12.
How to cook Swai fish?
Stumbling upon the cooking recipes of swai fish but couldn’t find anything discrete? Well, this happens a lot of times. But worry no more. You have opened the best informative page. In the next few minutes, you will get hold of some amazing swai fish recipes that you can use to impress your stomach and soul.
The baked swai fish recipe:
Baking swai fish in a dainty and light gravy is an excellent alternative because it’s good to taste and won’t create any additional calories. The most simple weekday supper, without any hassle, will be learned how to cook swai fish in the oven.
So you may get swai with light lemony notes and a beautiful sauce!
Here is how you can do it:
You will need:
- 6 fillets of Swai fish
- Two butter tablespoons
- 1 lemon juice tbsp or half a lemon
- Two thinly cut garlic cloves
- 1/2 tea cubicle Salt 1⁄4 tea cubicle of black pepper.
- 2 finely diced parsley teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon of light heat and color paprika
- Optional: Vinegar of white wine
- Put your oven to preheat at 375 F.
- Put the butter and add the hairy garlic in a small casserole.
- When the garlic begins smelling, add your lemon juice and vinegar and blend in and remove the heat for a minute.
- On the baking pot, put the swai fillets. Add salt, pepper, and paprika. Sprinkle.
- Put on the fish fillets the butter sauce. Half your parsley off. Top off.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 375F or till the swai is completely cooked and tender. Decorate with the rest of the parsley.
- Voila! Your fish is ready for lemon butter! You may make grilled swai, too, by turning your broiler into a uniform brown top for the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking.
Seasoned swai fish:
The next recipe is an interesting one. It is light and yet very delicious.
The ingredients are as follows:
- Four (4 ounce) swai fish fillets
- 2 margarine cubits
- Dry wine for 1⁄4 of a cup
- 1 tablespoon citrus juice
- Fresh coriander chopped 1 tablespoon (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon of thin garlic
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper 1 teaspoon ground
- 1 tablespoon bell peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Now spray a cooking spray in a pan.
- In the pot that is preheated, put your fish fillets.
- In medium heat, heat margarine in a cup. In melted margarine mix white wine, citrus juice, cilantro and garlic, and salt along with black pepper. Over fish fillets, generously pour sauce. Sprinkle the paprika fillets.
- Bake with a bifurcation in the hot oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the fish blow readily.
The easy peasy garlic swai recipe:
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) fillet swai fish
- 1 pinch Greek seasoning, or to taste
- Put some cooking spray into a pan or pot. Now put the garlic paste into the same vessel and heat it at medium-high heat. Cook and stir until the paste becomes brown a little and has a fragrance. Now move the garlic to one side of the pot.
- The next step is to add the fish fillets into the pot with some Greek seasoning.
- Cook at medium-high heat until the base is slightly brown and the edges are white. Now flip the fish and cook again. You can now add the seasoning of your choice according to taste.
With these recipes in hand, you can impress anyone with the great significance of the swai fish and the magic of your hands. The debate around swai fish consumption is another aspect that we do not wish to look into. One doing the research upon the same before consumption is at a good stance and can decide for himself. Enjoy the recipe for swai fish and let us know how you feel.