Getting in shape is everyone’s dream. Having a curvy and perfect body shape is what this generation looks forward to. Albeit there is no particular defined shape that is considered perfect. Everyone around here is perfect. Yet, some people prefer maintaining a good shape as per their opinionated desires. There are few discrepancies that are visible in our bodies that people wish to rectify. One such issue is hip dips. Let us understand in detail what are hip dips and how you can get rid of them.
What are hip dips?
Just below the hip bone, when the skin forms a sort of depression towards the inside of the side of your body. Here, the hips, instead of being outwardly curved in a round shape, sink inside from the sides. Hip dips are also sometimes referred to as violin hips.
These indentations can range from little to really huge and noticeable. However, these are normal and do not cause any issues in the body, they are mostly considered as being not good to look at. Many people find it slightly to very much annoying as they alter the look of the lower body and overall figure of the person.
Reasons for hip dips?
When the skin around your hips starts to get attached to the deeper thigh bones, the result is the formation of hip dips. The indentation caused by hip dips might be minor in some people while prominently visible in others depending on the distribution and amount of fat.
The range of hip dips also depends on the shape of your pelvis along with the fat distribution. Also, another factor that adds to the visibility of hip dips is wearing certain types of clothes, particularly the tighter ones.
Is there a way to get rid of hip dips?
Absolutely! You can get rid of the hip dips and achieve the desired body that you are looking forward to with the help of some hip dips exercises. Here we are going to discuss some of the majorly followed hip dips workout routines that you can easily follow at home or in gyms to get fuller and rounder hips.
Hip dips exercises:
Here is a range of exercises that you can perform on a regular basis to remove the issue of hip dips and get round butts and a good shape of the lower body. Get your hands on the following list and comprehend the most sought question-how to get rid of hip dips?
Hip dips workout primarily helps in distributing the fat around your thighs and butts evenly that makes the hip dips disappear. To get started, try to get hold of a mirror in front of you while doing the exercises. This way, you will be sure of your poses and you can leverage the best results from these exercises.
To begin with, you can start with 1 or 2 sets initially. If you wish to carry out different exercises on different days, you may pick up a few for a few days and others for the remaining days. Initially, you can spend at least 20 to 30 minutes doing these exercises.
The exercise that we are about to discuss works on the following muscles of your body:
Fire hydrants: The side hip openers
This exercise primarily targets the buttocks, side buttocks, thighs, and knees. Here is the guide on how you should perform it:
- To begin with, from the cat-cow pose that is come down on all fours. Hands should be placed directly under the shoulders to get the posture right.
- Now, lift one leg and inhale simultaneously with it. The leg should form a 90-degree angle with the other leg.
- Now gradually lower the leg down and do not touch the knee on the ground as you do it.
- Now lift the leg again from this position and repeat the same for about 10 -15 times with each leg for 1 or 2 sets.
Standing kickback lunges:
The name including lunges is a signifier of the fact that this exercise has got to do something with the balance and stability of the body. It mainly focuses on the thighs and buttocks area. Here’s how you should do it:
- Stand in the straight position with legs slightly apart. The hands go in front of your chest to maintain the balance of the body.
- Next up, pull up one leg near the chest as you inhale.
- Further, as you exhale, lower the leg down meanwhile take your hands up near the ears with the palms facing each other.
- Now you have to lower yourself by bending the knee of the other leg and folding the knee of the first leg to touch it on the ground.
- Now you inhale again as you rise up and bring your leg back to the chest and your hands back in front of the chest.
- Do at least 12 reps of this exercise with each leg.
Standing side leg lifts:
The standing side leg lifts essentially focus on the side dips and your butt. Do not jerk or rush while doing the exercise.
- Stand straight near a table chair or wall for support.
- Lift your right leg up sideways and stay rooted in the left foot. Rise the right leg on the sides as much as possible.
- Now simply lower the same leg down and exhale.
- Do at least 12 reps with each leg.
Squats are among the most commonly done workouts for hip dips. They target the thighs, buttocks, and calves to some extent. Keep your back straight throughout the exercise and face forward.
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Now clasp your hands together as you bend your knees. Keep the back essentially straight to avoid any injury.
- Sand back up as you exhale and perform at least 20 squats.
Side to side squats:
These are a variation of the squats. The standing side-to-side squats are very efficient in reducing the hip dips.
- Stand in a position where your feet are closed together.
- Now you bend down into a squat position by lifting and placing your right leg side apart.
- As you rise from the squat position, bring your left foot near the right foot and repeat with the left foot on the other side the next time.
Please remember that your outcomes may be slow. It may be weeks or months before you see visible results. Be as good about your physique as possible. Use positive self-speech and focus on what your body loves.