No wonder you have heard about almond oil and its great benefits for hair. If you are someone from India, you must have come across a very famous brand that sells almond oil, if you know what I mean.
Quite generally so, almond oil comes from the pressing of almond seeds extracted from the almond tree. In ancient times, almonds have been known for their virtue in health and healing. With a considerable amount of protein in them, almonds have their way out in being categorized among healthy dry fruits. If that wasn’t enough of goodness, almonds also possess omega-9 fatty acids and a lot of vitamin E whose virtue is very well known to all of us.
These properties are enough to suggest that almonds are great suppliers of benefits for hair and the body. A good shine and strength to hair are what almond oil is capable of putting your hair through. Amongst all forms being sold, sweet almond oil is the most commonly sold and used for hair. In this article, we shall talk you through your question –is almond oil good for hair?
Benefits of Almond Oil For Hair:
- Softens Hair: One of the hugest facts about oil is that it is an emollient that is capable of filling up the gaps in your scalp due to cellular activity. This makes your hair healthy and smooth to touch. Almond oil makes the texture of your hair smoother and shiny making it easier to slip out a comb. With vitamin E in it, almond oil is stacked up with huge benefits for your hair.
- Strengthening And Repairing All The Way: Once your start using almond oil, you sign up for healthier hair that is strong in roots and is not brittle anymore. All the damage that chemicals put your hair through is better treated and reversed by using the use of this oil. Hait treated with almond oil are better accommodating, have fewer split end sand are healthy to look at. All the friction that your hair is subjected to due to hair styling is better managed with a nut oil like almond oil. When hair was treated with tiny amounts of oil components, research on Brazilian nut oils (many of which include oleic acid and linoleic acid, exactly indicated an increase in hair’s resistance.
- Hair Growth Promoted: It is known for its effect on hair growth. It primarily promotes hair growth because it is very effective in reducing split ends and making your hair stronger, all of which make sure that the hair growth is not impaired by such obstacles. The natural antioxidant, Vitamin E is a good component of almond oil which can combat the environmental stressors for your hair and your hair can grow in peace without any issues on its way.
- Scalp Conditions Are Treated: Almond oil can also be used to treat scalp psoriasis and flaky scalp (seborrheic dermatitis). While there are no studies that indicate how almond oil heals these issues, it has been used for generations in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine to treat dry scalp disorders. By using a tiny quantity of almond oil directly on your scalp, you can improve blood flow and add potent antioxidants to your scalp’s surface.
How To Use Almond Oil For Hair:
Now that you are aware of the goodness of almond oil, you might want to hop onto its uses and know how you can use it so your hair is healthy. Her you go:
- Apply directly to hair or scalp. Rub a considerable amount between your palms and then put it on your hair.
- Place it on your scalp section by section. Pay heed to the ends of your hair so that the split ends are better treated.
- If not satisfactory enough, or if you want to go a little extra in your hair care routine, you might as well add almond oil to a homemade hair mask recipe. Mix 2 parts of coconut oil at room temperature to 1 part of almond oil along with a creamy, natural conditioner like avocado. Mix all ingredients and apply it to your hair and you’re good to go.
- If you are someone who does not have a problem with supplementary capsules and tablets, you can also add almond oil capsules to your daily routine of supplements. This will help make your hair stronger while healing the damage from within.
For most people, using almond oil on their hair to boost strength and shine is low risk and likely to work. More study is needed because there are few studies that show how oil nourishes and strengthens hair. However, almond oil’s active elements and qualities have been proved to make hair seem stronger, softer, and shinier. Almond oil is very mild on your scalp and smells wonderful after use.